Queen Elizabeth's Uniform Policy
The College has a uniform policy as we feel it links the student to the College should be adhered to. The College supports the policy for students in Years 7 to 11 The uniform is expected to provide:-
- An identity which links the student to QE
- A transition from son/daughter to student
- Opportunity for students to feel that they are dressed for the business of learning
The College will consider supporting families financially with the costs of the uniform. Details of the criteria of eligibility and how to apply are in the Charging and Remissions Policy, and eligibility for support is available for all students in receipt of Pupil Premium Funding upon application. - See the Pupil Premium Policy.
Uniform items are:
- QE Black School Jacket (boys) / QE Black School Jacket or QE Black School Fitted Jacket (girls) with pockets
- Current QE School Tie, to be worn with the knot tight to the shirt collar and with ends of equal length
- White shirt worn tucked in to trousers/skirt
- Optional QE School grey V-neck sweater with gold/black neck stripes and logo. To be worn for additional warmth with jacket - not instead of
- Black trousers or skirt (knee length pencil, ‘A’ line or pleated) – No leggings, denims, combat trousers, tracksuit bottoms or roll skirts etc. Trousers should be of a formal suit style, and QE may consider moving to a sole supplier to ensure uniformity in this particular part of the uniform
- Tights - plain black, grey or skin toned
- Socks - plain black, grey or white
- Black leather shoes (Not trainers – no motifs/badges, no high heels/stilettos). Ankle length boots may be worn under trousers
- Outside clothing - plain weatherproof coat (not a ‘hoody’, cardigan or pullover top)
These QE items must be purchased from Town & Countrywear, Crediton or Thomas Moores, Fore Street, Exeter. But this may be reviewed in the future
- The Sixth Form should wear clothing appropriate for attendance at College.
- Discreet in style and not overly large, dangly or obvious
- Only stud ear rings and sleepers will be allowed but the sleeper must be a solid, continuous hoop no larger than a 5p coin
- For Health & Safety reasons all other piercings must be removed
- Necklaces must remain out of sight
- Valuable items of jewellery should not be brought into College because we cannot be held responsible in any way for their loss or any damage incurred
- Hair must be of a broadly naturally occurring hair colour and not be of unusual design e.g. Mohicans, designs cut in etc. Long hair may need to be tied back for Health and Safety reasons in some subjects
- Make up and nail varnish if worn should be discreetly applied and not be overtly visible or colourful. Excess make up may have to be removed in which case suitable removal products will be provided
- Bags suitable for carrying school books and other essential items such as PE kits are required
If in any doubt as to an item’s suitability, parents/carers are advised to contact their son/daughter’s Year Team Leader before choosing, thus avoiding potential confusion or disappointment later on.
The College expects students to remain in full uniform whilst on school premises or when requested for trips and whilst in town purchasing lunch.
It is at the Principals discretion in warm weather to allow students to remove blazers.
Members of the Support and Leadership Team will ultimately decide whether uniform rules have been infringed
Failure to comply with these rules may result in sanctions being imposed, such as detention, isolation or being sent home to change into correct uniform, in line with the College’s Behaviour Strategy.
PE Kit can be purchased from the Library on both sites.
We are very proud of the QE badge and so, we have high expectations of students looking prepared and smart for PE lessons. All students must be prepared for PE and we ask parents/carers to purchase the QE branded kit which can be found below.
QE Physical Education Kit